On episode 283 of the #AskGaryVee Show, an accomplished entrepreneur, creative director, and founder of Sub Rosa, Michael Ventura stops by, and we talk about:
- Applied Empathy, Michael's new book
- The application of empathy in a work place and its impor...
On episode 282 of the #AskGaryVee Show, one of the great pioneers of California's wine industry and the CEO of Shannon Ridge Family of Wines, Clay Shannon stops by, and we talk about:
- Clay's origin story and how he got into the wine industry
- Social me...
On this very special episode of the #AskGaryVee Show #sponsored by Chase, in honor of small business week, the marketing and product executive from Chase Business Banking, Brent Reinhard stops by and we talk about:
- How to scale a small family business
On episode 281 of the #AskGaryVee Show, the twitch star ProfessorBroman stops by and we talk about:
- The integration of Twitch into pop culture
- How ProfessorBroman started on Twitch
- Ninja and Drake playing Fortnite live and breaking the platform's re...
On episode 280 of the #AskGaryVee Show, the amazing restaurateur and legend in the hospitality/food industry, Danny Meyer stops by and we talk about:
- How Shake Shack was actually supposed to be a hotdog stand
- The nature of being competitive and surrou...
On episode 279 of the #AskGaryVee Show, the badass entrepreneur, author, and TV personality, Bethenny Frankel stops by, and we talk about:
- Bethenny's origin story and how she got to where she is today
- What it means to live a beautiful life
- The creat...
Asking for a raise can be a little tricky especially if you're in a family business, but, at the end of the day, you're going to have to do it so that you don't resent your boss or family member. If you don't make the ask, you will slowly become more and ...
If you're struggling with deciding whether or not you should trust a close friend or family member with making big decisions in your business, it really comes down to asking yourself whether or not you think that they are capable of taking your business t...
Knowing when to stay patient when working on your business or venture can and when you should pivot to a new idea can be difficult, but as a rule of thumb, I will always say that it's better to play the patience game because you never know when/if it's go...
On episode 278 of the #AskGaryVee Show, I go solo and talk about:
- How to keep your head above water while going all in on your passion
- Whether or not to choose retirement and financial stability over your passion and time with family
On episode 277 of the #AskGaryVee Show, the legendary real estate agent, star of Million Dollar Listing New York, and producer of Sell it Like Serhant, Ryan Serhant stops by and we talk about:
- Marketing in real estate in 2018
- The benefits of working f...
In my case, my wife, Lizzy has made things so easy for me at home, to the point where I sometimes worry that I'll take it for granted. She really gives me the ability to breathe and not have weight on my shoulders on the time.
I'm really grateful that I ...
Without even thinking about it, I would just tell myself that everything is going to go completely as I thought it would and I will be able to prove everyone wrong. What would you tell your past/younger self?
I'm really grateful that I got to have the ti...
What is your dream job? In my case, the only other thing that I would want to do is be the quarterback for the New York Jets, but I quickly realized that that wasn't going to happen, which is when I switched my dream to owning the New York Jets. Comment b...
eSports is definitely on the come-up and I think it really has the potential to compete with, if not take over, the traditional sports that we have today. As eSports viewership continues to go through the roof, I think it will become main stream in the ne...
Making money off of a fitness brand/personal brand really just comes down to what the motivation behind it is... If your motive is strictly financial, you just need to build an audience and get the attention of a ton of different people by providing free ...
Finding a good price to charge your clients for marketing services isn't as difficult as you may think... make something up! If you decide you're going to charge $5,000 a month, have 20 meetings and see how people react to it. If everyone says no, maybe y...
Finding out how to motivate yourself to workout all depends on what your goal is and what your circumstances are. If you are like me, you almost feel an obligation to workout because you're going to workout with a trainer/friend. If you're like Kai and yo...
On episode 276 of the #AskGaryVee Show, SVP of Vayner Experience, Kim Garcia is here to talk about talk about the Agent2021 Conference in Miami Florida on January 24th, 2018.
more info: agent2021.com
Staying motivated and being determined with your goals without seeing any improvement can be difficult. In all honesty, this comes down to macro patience. If you know that you're headed in the right direction and working on the right things, you need to j...
Really happy that Mason Plumlee hit on this point - a lot of the NBA, NFL, and MLB players that you hear of going bankrupt usually aren't as bad with money as you think, it's just that they try to give as much as they possibly can back to the people that ...
When you're an athlete that is entering the professional realm of things, your main goals should be to be yourself and not sell out by pitching certain products or companies on a consistent basis. At the end of the day, you want your audience to know that...
Student athletes have to be super careful about monetizing because the regulations and rules around the NCAA are super strict, which could cause you to lose your eligibility. Work on building your fanbase first instead of monetizing directly - that will h...
Making sports into your career really comes down to two main things; how much are you willing to sacrifice for it and how good are you? If you have the talent, it's something you love, and you are willing to make sacrifices to really go all in, then put i...
It's okay to set extremely high expectations for yourself with regards to what you can do or what you are doing; however, you should never set expectations of other people because you have no idea what they're doing, going through, or having trouble with....
Breaking stereotypes really comes down to eliminating your excuses, looking at things through the right angle, and then executing. If anybody that looks like you has done it before, so can you...
Super awesome to have my man John Legend on this episode o...
Being modest after you become famous or powerful in a certain industry or field simply comes down to staying in touch with where you came from, understanding the other side, and understanding what you don't know and where you can learn from others. It's o...
Using bad tactics on Instagram to get more followers will never work, for obvious reasons... If you want to get more followers, you have to provide people with value upfront so that you have leverage in the situation or relationship. Check out my $1.80 In...
Frankly, going to college just isn't necessary any more. Furthermore, experience will almost always trump a degree at this point... More and more jobs do not even necessitate a college degree. The one exception to all of this is that if you do not go to c...
On episode 275 of the #AskGaryVee Show, the legendary investor, hedge fund manager, and philanthropist Ray Dalio stops by and we talk about:
- Ray's new book Principles and where he got the ideas for it
- How meditation paved the path for Ray to become se...
If you don't want to go to college, you can always look into alternatives for high education or university like MissionU. MissionU is a one-year program that gives you the skills and experience needed to launch a successful career.
Check out MissionU her...
Social media can be used for education with respect to the fact that every single individual can be both a teacher and a student. In order to have the spotlight on you on social media, you don't need a degree or other "qualifications" to teach others abou...
On episode 274 of the #AskGaryVee Show, the extremely talented comedian, Hasan Minhaj stops by and we talk about:
- Hasan's background in comedy and how he got started
- Doing well in school and following your passion
- Hasan's big breakthrough in comedy
On episode 273 of the #AskGaryVee Show, the legendary boxer, commentator, and rapper, Roy Jones Jr. is in the building and we talk about:
- How Roy got into boxing and turned it into his career as one of the best boxers in history
- Getting robbed of a go...
On episode 272 of the #AskGaryVee Show, the incredible rapper, T-Pain stops by and we talk about:
- How T-Pain got to where he is today
- Getting rejected by people you look up to & coming back after hitting a low
- T-Pain's new album, OBLiViON, and the a...
On episode 271 of the #AskGaryVee Show, the legendary author, entrepreneur, and speaker, Tim Ferriss stops by and we talk about:
- Tribe of Mentors, Tim's new book which is a compilation of answers to questions that Tim posed to a bunch leaders in various...
On this episode of the #AskGaryVee Show, Pedro Earp, Chief Distrputive Growth Officer for AB InBev stops by and we discuss:
- His new company ZX Ventures
- How companies can stay ahead of the innovation and distribution in various industries
- Craft beers...
On this episode of the #AskGaryVee Show, Wendy Sachs, author, speaker, media and content strategist stops by!
- Losing her job and figuring out how to adjust to the new digital forms of media
- How to tell and sell your story to potential employers
On this episode of the #AskGaryVee Show, Bob Safian, the editor and managing director for Fast Company, stops by and we discuss:
- Bob's experience in the writing, publishing, and editing fields
- Understanding the reality of the entrepreneur-lifestyle
On episode 267 of the #AskGaryVee Show, Richard Rawlings stops by... We talk about:
- What it was like for Richard growing up
- How Richard got started with his T.V shows and with cars
- How Richard got started as an entrepreneur with flipping bikes and c...
On episode 266 of the #AskGaryVee Show, Cy Wakeman, a thought leader dedicated to ditching the drama in work and in life, stops by and we discuss:
- The importance and true meaning of "ego"
- Avoiding getting political while directing a team in a politica...
On this episdoe of #AskGaryVee, hip-hop star Russ stops by and we talk about:
- Starting off in the rap/hip-hop scene
- Concert promoters in the music industry
- Marketing your personal brand
- Gaining self confidence
How amazing is Russ's debut ...
On this episode of the #AskGaryVee Show, Tony Conrad and I discuss:
- Farming and cannabis industries
- Transforming cremated remains into ceramic objects
- Irrigation business marketing
- How to raise capital for a gourmet dessert business
#QOTD: Cubs N...
On episode 263 of the #AskGaryVee show, Dustin Lynch and I talk about:
- The musical "dream" that artists have
- How Dustin got inspired by Garth Brooks
- How Dustin launched his career as a singer in country music
How can Dustin spread his music...
What is the #AskGaryVee Show? Here is a 1 minute version of what it is:
Very simply, The #AskGaryVee Show is a Q&A show meant to provide as much value to the viewers as possible. Period.
In a more detailed way, I would say it’s a YouTube web show and ...